The Aerospace Industry Development Association of Tamil Nadu (AIDAT) works to create an end to end ecosystem for Aerospace and Defence sector development in Tamil Nadu covering design, engineering, manufacturing and maintenance of civil and Defence sector components, subsystems, systems and end user transport such as Aircrafts, Land and Sea based vehicles.
Vision & Objectives
- To position Tamil Nadu as an emerging hub for Aerospace and Defence industry in India in the areas of manufacturing, engineering design and allied activities by harnessing its industrial base and talented human capital strengths.
- Tamil Nadu Aerospace and Defence Industrial Policy 2018 has been formulated with the objective of spearheading and catalyzing the aerospace and defence industrial development in the State.
- To create an end to end ecosystem for Aerospace and Defence sector development covering design, engineering and manufacturing for civil and defence sector.
- To attract investments in Aerospace and Defence manufacturing to the tune of USD 5 B in 5 years periods and USD 10 B in 10 years period
- To generate employment opportunities to around 1 lakh people in 10 years.
- To tap Tamil Nadu’s inherent strengths in automotive manufacturing sector by providing all support required by the sector into exploring opportunities in Aerospace and Defence manufacturing, including creating a Global workforce for High- End Manufacturing by establishing Center of Excellence, R & D and skill development institutions
- To attract global OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers and Indian majors as anchor units in the state by providing required facilities and support at competitive rates.
- To create the comprehensive projects to be implemented in the state to achieve the objectives of the “Tamil Nadu Vision 2023”